The Yuanshan Branch of the Taipei Veterans General Hospital was originally known as the Yuanshan Veterans Home. The Yuanshan Veterans Home was established on April 1st, 1955 and was managed by the Taiwan Provincial Government. It was restructured into the Yuanshan Veterans Tuberculosis Hospital on July 1st, 1957 and placed into self-management by the Veterans Affairs Commission and remains the same today.
The Yuanshan Branch Hospital now occupies an area of 5.063 hectares and is located in the center of the Lanyang Plain in Yuanshan Township of Yilan County. In the past, we mainly took on chronic disease patients who were veterans or their dependants and provided them with treatment. However, things have continually changed for the better with the expansion of medical service for everyone. In November of 2002, to provide outpatient services, we built a clinic in downtown Yilan that is conveniently located and has ample transportation. We have also prepared special shuttle buses to help patients transfer to the Yuanshan Neicheng Branch. This way they can stay in the hospital to receive treatment and recover in the hopes of reaching the goal of balancing the medical services between cities and countries.
To increase our medical service quality, we pursued the ISO international quality certifications. So far we have obtained the ISO 9001: 2 000 outpatient services, emergency and inpatients accreditation, TAF15189 medical laboratory accreditation in 2007, and were the first institution in Yilan to obtain the ISO 9001: 2008 international quality revision accreditation. In order to facilitate more medical professionals, we had invested in every teaching resource available and we had the honor to be given the title of “ New Teaching Hospital Accreditation” by the Department of Health and the Ministry of Education.
At the present time, our hospital is remodeling wards and renewing all kinds of facilities in order to offer perfect medical care and service quality.